The Must Have Rules for Beautiful Hair
Maintaining your hair in optimum condition is an ongoing commitment. With a little dedication, you can achieve incredible results by caring for your hair from the inside as well as outside. A balanced, nutritious diet and minimising the chemical and physical damage your hair is subjected to is essential.
How Do You Keep Hair Healthy with a Well-Balanced Diet?
Hair is made of a protein called keratin, the same protein that forms our nails, so it is vital to include protein in your diet. Good protein is found in lean meat, fish, eggs, and poultry as well as legumes, nuts, and seeds.
The basic structure of the keratin in hair is made up of amino acids joined together by chemical bonds also known as peptide bonds which is a key element to the strength of the hair fibre. There is no question that amino acids are essential to hair growth, its strength retention by the scalp.
Hair repair begins in just one minute. Kera-Diamonds target damaged hair, control flyaways and frizz. Combined with the unique Diamond Blend™ hair is left feeling soft, silky and smooth.
Keratin based hair treatments add shine and structure to dull-looking hair.
Zinc is an essential nutrient for healthy hair, skin and nails and is found in Brazil nuts, pumpkin seeds, cashews, almonds, chia seeds, flax seeds, and sunflower seeds.
Suitable for extremely damaged hair, Brasil Cacau Extreme Repair works in the damaged fibres, restoring the missing mass and rebuilding the structural integrity of the cuticle and cortex. Increases strength and suppleness, protecting against future damages.
Omega-3 Fatty Acids
Omega-3 acids are potent antioxidants with anti-inflammatory properties. Foods rich in omega-3 such as oily fish, nuts and seeds will assist in maintaining hair’s condition, elasticity and shine and will help to compact the cuticle and prevent frizz.
Both hair and skin contains moisture to transport nutrients, assist in the hair growth phases and prevent skin and hair from drying out. A dry, itchy scalp can devlop into dermatitis or seborrhea. Drinking at least a litre of water a day and using a moisturising shampoo and conditioner will also assist in maintaining the hair that has a tendency towards dryness and general skin's condition.
How to Keep Hair Healthy and Shiny at Home
Professional hairdressers apply their learned skill and use the products and techniques to create the finished look owith your hairstyle in the most efficient and effective way possible. Speak to your hairdresser and observe what they do and what products they to ensure you achieve the best results possible yourself.
Learn Your Hair Type
Fine hair is often accompanied by an oilier skin and usually needs daily shampooing and gentle brushing and drying techniques. Coarser hair absorbs more of the natural oils which means that you may need to wash it less frequently, so using the appropriate shampoo and conditioner is important to keep your hair and scalp healthy. Read labels to find the products that are appropriate for your hair type. Fine or frizzy? Coloured or not? Curly or flat? Don’t forget to read the ingredients to check for allergens, sulphates or parabens or to find vegan-friendly products if you prefer them.
Washing and brushing, tips to Keep Your Hair Healthy
- Lukewarm water is best. Hot or cold water, or overly vigorous scrubbing only “shocks” the system, damages the hair shaft and unnecessarily stimulates oil production.
- Use a wide-toothed comb to detangle wet hair. Don’t brush hair immediately, let it dry before you brush it, unless it is a blow dry brush.
- Wrap your hair gently in a towel. Do not pull, squeeze, or twist your hair with too much force to avoid breakage.
- Let hair air-dry whenever possible. Start your blow dryer on low heat and minimise the use of the maximum heat setting.
With a little bit of trial and error, you will find the ideal frequency to wash your hair and help it feed on its natural oils while keeping it clean at the same time.
Healthy Hair Maintenance Tips Essential for Any Type of Hair
Secrets apply to all hair. If you want to grow your hair beautifully and keep it stylish and vibrant:
- Get a haircut every 6 to 8 weeks.
- Don’t drink too much alcohol; it dries out both skin and hair.
- Avoid crash diets and too much stress to keep your hormones in check.
- Colour your hair as close as possible to your natural shade.
- Use heat protectants when blow drying, tonging or straightening
- Treat yourself to an intense treatment once a month
- Use essential oils for split ends – argan-oil-based products are a haircare favourite of many salons.
Product Features and Benefits
- Protects against damage from heat styling tools.
- Leaves hair with radiant shine.
- Excellent for use on all hair types, including fine and thin textures.
- Protects hair against ultra-violet rays and environmental damage.
- Super enriched with Vitamin E, antioxidants and essential (80% unsaturated) fatty acids to keep hair healthy.
To sum up
It is clear that drastic changes to the hair from physical damage to heat or chemicals will damage the hair shaft. The closer hair is to its natural state, the better. That doesn't mean that you should have boring hair without style, colour or glamour, but it does mean that you should give it the love and respect it deserves. Simply put, lovely, shiny hair is the outcome of applying these tips and tricks over time.